Thursday, September 10, 2009

A compilation of regrets

A passing by reader will be very tempted to generalize and say, "This blog is only about attempts at philosophy or wanting to be serious and talking about what I miss." I'd beg those readers to sympathize with me.
My recent talks with many of my friends and acquaintances revealed that everyone is in the same boat. Perhaps living in another country and not just another city makes people think deep and hard about everything. Thoughts become intense. There is a general wistfulness and longingness about anything! All this in the middle
of fun trips and vacations!
So when I was driving about in Tennessee and on our way back to Chicago, I had solitary moments when all my friends were asleep. I was driving with special focus on the road (I drove between 5am and 8am). In the screen of my mind played a movie!
This movie showed different me-s.
Anything but my present self...
So I was:
1) Drummer in a rock band (Professional/Amateur)
2) Flautist
3) Singer
4) Cricketer
and some more characters which didn't get enough time to form. They were vague.

These are my regrets. I love my life. I know that what I am is because of all that has happened to me and how I reacted to them. (The harshest self critic and the humblest acceptor of the criticism surely does well in life, I believe!)
But it was interesting to picture how life would have been if I were anything but what I am now. Somewhere deep in my heart, I still have one regret. I don't know what exactly it was that made me so strongly inclined to it but everytime my mom suggested that I should be an Engineer when I grew up, I pictured a happy-go-lucky train driver who sounded the whistle of the train ever so often!
Mom! Yeah I became an engineer, but perhaps there was a miscommunication! Where is my train?

2 comments:

Preethi Reddy said...

You will soon find the train.. and HAPPY JOURNEY!!! :)

Shruti Godzilla said...

put that pic, the driving wala, in your facebook album.....