Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dad on Facebook?

Woke up in the death of the night!
Saw a sleep-blowing sight!
Checking to see the new mails I got,
there was one - made me feel I was high on pot!
Happy or nervous, should I feel?
Lips or fingers, should I seal?
All careless flirting may be under scrutiny,
and any reckless word may lead to a mutiny!
"As you're going down, you're taking us with you",
say my friends, "What did you do?"
I invited him in an impulsive moment.
He accepted it. Now I can't lament!
"What's all this midnight poetry about", you say?
"My dad's on Facebook!" Here, my case I lay!

*Written at 4:00 am!!!

9 comments:

Lebenunsicher said...

he he....all the best....and good poem....

Unknown said...

he he he..... amazing poetry though! :)

Kavya said...

Awesome poetry! And I understand the nervousness, my dad invited me on orkut ;)

Unknown said...

hahaha...
Good 1 Varun...
I can understand...!!

Timsy Agarwal said...

good one...you write really well, varun.

Teju said...

ha Ha.. you do the damage and then you write poems about it??? not fair dude.. but nice poem..

vinod said...

nice one dude...enjoy madi..

Shruti Godzilla said...

i liked it

Varun T said...

Although late, I wanted to acknowledge your comments.
Thanks Jai, Rashmi, Kavya, Girija, Timsy, Teju, Vinod and Shruti!

May you not have such occasions or even if you do, may you not need to be nervous about it! ;)
Cheers!